The Art Museum in the Digital Age – 2022
The Belvedere Research Center is continuing its conference series on the digital transformation of art museums with its fourth event on the topic. While the focus of our 2021 conference explored the premise of a crisis-induced return to the museum’s own collections, the 2022 edition centers on the convergence of analog and digital media.
During five evenings, the online conference will feature a range of interdisciplinary contributions, which critically reflect on the following topics:
- The structural transformation of the public sphere in the digital age
- The logic of selection and interpretation in the modern media ecosystem
- “Platformization” and the erosion of the traditional rituals for engaging with art
- Artificial intelligence and new forms of curating
- Human-computer interaction in the museum
- Forms of participation in real/ digital spaces
- The relationship between original-digital-virtual
- Hybrid publishing and new forms of knowledge representation
For more information and to register, go to https://www.belvedere.at/en/digitalmuseum2022.